Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Announcing the immediate availability of the Chowmain Plex Full driver. This is one of the only Control4 drivers to have full library integration. That includes Movies, TV Shows, Music and Photo browsing/searching/playback and can be used to control Plex on various platforms including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Sony Android TV’s (FY15 up), dedicated HTPC’s running Plex Home Theater or Plex Media Player.
This complete solution provides the consumer will seamless playback of content from any Control4 interface including SR-250/SR-260, Onscreen Navigator, Touchscreens, and iPhone/Android Apps.
Some of the high level features include:
- Ability to browse/search/playback Movies, TV Episodes, Music & Photos from any Plex client/server with cover art including local or remote servers.
- Browse content by recently added, recently aired, recently viewed and more.
- Resume movies or TV episodes where you left off.
- Automatically turn the room on when playback starts. Great when you want to start playback from your mobile device or tablet.
- Can be setup for any Plex Client including Plex Home Theater, Plex Media Player, Plex for Roku, Plex for Amazon Fire TV and Plex for Android TV's.
- Ability to launch Plex on Roku and Amazon Fire TV devices. Upon media playback the driver will launch Plex on the device, wait for it to start and then begin playback. Works great with the HouseLogix Fire TV driver and HTI’s Roku driver!
- Ability to return to the Roku, Amazon Fire TV or Sony TV drivers upon exiting Plex. Makes the experience seamless.
- Return to onscreen navigator on playback ended. This is great if you want to hide Plex’s interface and use Control4 only.
- Ability to switch users. This allows for content restriction based upon username/passcode. Limit children to G rated content only. This also allows multiple family members to resume playback from different spots.
For more information, or to purchase, please visit the Plex Full driver page at HouseLogix.
HTI Customs Debuts Amazon Fire TV Channels
Now the same great Channels and Icons available for the Roku are available and fully integrated with the HouseLogix Fire TV driver. We have worked with our partner HTI Customs to bring you the best integration and user experience possible.
Customers love less “clicks” and now if they want to launch Netflix on the Fire TV all they have to do is select Netflix from the Watch menu. Please note that although the HouseLogix Fire TV driver is compatible with version 2.5.3 and higher, the channels will only work on version 2.6.0 and above.
For more information or to purchase, please visit the Amazon Fire TV Channels page.
HouseLogix Updates Fire TV Driver
We have been working closely with Chowmain and HTI Customs to bring you the best possible experience when integrating the Amazon Fire TV with your Control4 system. As mentioned above, we now fully support custom icon channels and the new Plex Full driver.
In addition, we have tested our driver with the new 4k Fire TV and verified it functions as it does with the original units. For more information, or to purchase, please visit the Amazon Fire TV IP Control4 Driver page.